Monday, May 4, 2009

"Why do they call it a charlie horse?"

THE PRESENT!!!!

Well after a long, long year of waiting, The Present finally came out! Ive been wanting to see this movie so badly. Ive been bugging Chris and Mik at Surf Culture on an almost daily basis waiting to see when a copy is going to come in (and I still am after seeing it).

So, knowing they had a show up in Jacksonville Beach at Landshark Cafe, I tried to round up all my friends and make it a fun night. Tinch and his wife Shelly came along with Dustin Miller, the filmer for Mikey DeTemple's movie Picaresque, and his wife, Keith Novosel, and my good friend Matt. It was a fun time just getting to hang out and enjoy ourselves.

The show was pretty rad too; had Mattson 2 playing live to get everything going, and then just dove straight into the movie. For $8 a ticket, I wish it was in a better venue, but hey, Im not going to complain (no one listens when I do anyways). I was just stoked to be there and see something new and different. The Seedling and Sprout are getting worn out. It was a really good movie. It surprised me a little, but on the whole, amazing! Some of the biggest airs and longest gnarliest tens Ive seen in awhile. I really think T.Moe made a complete surf film that will attract not just sliders, but also the groms that idealize Dane. I cant wait to buy the movie and watch it again. As usual, it had an amazing soundtrack, and like I said earlier, just a crazy good movie.

Here are a few photos that I snapped. Sorry they arent the best in the world, Im still getting the hang of this whole photography thing! Enjoy.





The Mattson 2 jamming
THE PRESENT!!




Keith representing his colors!



Happy Sliding...

No comments:

Post a Comment